The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

10.31.2005

I fixed up my old road bike this morning

Well, it's dad's actually. The front shifter cable rusted out so I replaced it with a cable from one of my scrap bikes, and I took the brake pads off of another bike because the brake pads that belong on it are in Indy somewhere. I got the rear shifter turned around and back in operation ~previously disabled by rust~ pretty easily and pumped the tires back up. I got them up to 60psi with my hand pump for an initial trip to the airport, and used Ross' electric pump to get the desired 90 psi after I got back. It sounds like a steam engine and has horrible dynamic instability in the front tire, but other than that, it is a great ride. I love road bikes. Charity out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home