The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

8.26.2005

Seminole

Although the NCAA would call this plane a racial slur against the Seminole indians, I prefer to think of it as a really sweet hunk of metal. I got to fly it today, and it gave me a few more firsts:
first time to start a multi-engine plane
first landing and takeoff in one
and first time to sit in the back seat of a non-jet aircraft.

For this class we have two students go with an instructor and I got selected to be the first one to fly. Woo-Hoo Baby! So I got it started and taxied out with not to much trouble, and then I was like "Are you going to do a demonstration takeoff?" and my instructor was like "You're the pilot, you do it." So I got this HUGE knot in my stomach that was like "You are so going to screw up Josh." But it went all right. (You could have guessed that by realizing that I am still alive to write this.) So my time was great. I got to do four landings and five takeoffs and steep turns and slow flight and stalls and fun stuff like that. But after a good bit I had to switch to the back seat and let the other guy fly. I gave the controll of the plane to my instructor and started to climb over the seat when he put the plane into a zero-g dive and started banking all over. It was great! After I finally got tured right side up and into my seat, my instructor turned around and was laughing at me. I think it was the best part of his day. (Besides the part where neither of us killed him. That part was good too.)

2 Comments:

At 9:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

PTL Josh! What was more fun, the flying or the zero-g stuff?
~Mrs. R

 
At 8:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flying was more fun, the zero-g was more funny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home