The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

4.21.2005

Finals!!!!!

I have a final tomorrow. I have to remember the 12 Vmc items and the effect they have on an aircraft. If you really want to know you can read them at the end of the post. I also have a quiz right before my final and quantum physics homework righ after. Then I almost fly and almost get my sign-off for my checkride. We will have to see what happens. I sure wish I could be a lot closer to being perfect. Or at least a lot farther away from being totally sinful. I invited three friends to church tonight. I hope they come. I hope they come to the Fireside Chat too. Along with the three other friends who I invited to that. Pray that all would be able to come for it would put them in much more influential and wise hands than I could ever hope to have. 1 Tim 1:15

12 Vmc items
-Critical engine out - bad because it creates the most adverse yaw
-Dead engine windmilling - bad because it creates more drag
-Flaps in t/o position - bad more drag
-Cowl flaps in t/o position - bad more drag
-Trim set for t/o - bad because you need more tail-down force = more drag
-Good engine at max power - bad because of more adverse yaw
-Gear up - bad because it eliminates keel effect of gear
-Standard conditions - relative to current conditions
-Rotate out of ground effect - bad because there is less drag in ground effect
-Aft CG - bad because the rudder is less effective due to a shorter arm length
-Up to 5 degree bank towards good engine - good reduces adverse yaw and roll
-Gross weight - good because it has more inertia

And there you have it. I remembered 10 without looking!

3 Comments:

At 3:43 p.m., Blogger Ellie said...

Hey -
Could I come anyway? I'd probably feel really little, but then Sara and I could come together...




I don't care if you say no...

 
At 4:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I say yes 'cause I'm tired of being the littlest :)

 
At 4:14 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

absolutely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home