The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

1.24.2005

What a difference

a professor can make. Where I used to despise physics class for wasting my time and money, I now enjoy it and learn in it. I am actually motivated to work at it. And all because of the professor. He doesn’t understand the technology any better than the other ones I've had, but he does understand questions. He knows what we are asking and he finds a creative real-world example or some other way of helping us figure it out, instead of going of on some tangent about the inverse derivative of theta squared divided by the cotangent of omega pi.
So I was wrong. The physics department can do something right!

1 Comments:

At 9:46 a.m., Blogger Joel and Stacey said...

I’m glad it’s going better for you! Crysten was at our house on Saturday and told me about one class she had last year. They started out with an awful teacher, so bad that the entire class was failing. So they fired him and got a sub, it went a little better after that. Then they had winter break and when they got back they had another teacher (the 3rd one for the class). That one was excellent and nearly everyone made A’s from then on. – The power of communication!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home