The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

1.18.2005

When I'm aaatttt the WC!

So if you haven’t heard me say it already, the Winter Conference was INCREDIBLE! I think it really pushed home a lesson that God has been trying to get through to me for a long time. I have this big problem about not relying on Christ and relying on horses and chariots (Ps 20:7) of this world. The Lord has been weaning me off of this foolish reliance by removing those things that I depend on (Bike, bike, arm, bike and leg, wages, car and computer on occasion…) and David Reese really emphasized that, while it is our duty to continue to obey the law, we still come short of perfection, and must rely on Christ alone for our complete sanctification. And I guess this is where I have failed most miserably. I kind of had the mentality that now that I am a Christian it’s up to me to be good and keep my salvation, even while I knew and affirmed the truth that God and God alone can and will continue the perseverance of His saints by His own power. Praise the Lord for that today!

Today’s menu is: A trail bar for breakfast, Pollo con brecol cosa for lunch, and lasagna for dinner.

Breakfast: I you can’t figure this one out yourself, you need to walk home to your mother. Nope. NO! Don’t touch that car! I said WALK!

Lunch: translated “Chicken with broccoli stuff” All you need to do is dump it out of the bowl that your mother gave you, cut the chicken up a little, put it in the microwave and press buttons on the microwave until it says 1SRV and then let it cook for that time. You can have some German Chocolate Cake for dessert if you are good.

Dinner. Put the rest of the leftovers from Christo’s in the nuker for a bit, and then eat them. And have some milk so your bones don’t crumble. (It really hurts when that happens)

In other news: Next time I have to do surgery, remind me that it would be more painless to do without the Anesthesiologist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home