The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

1.12.2005

Rage

I'm kind of mad right now, so you don't need to read this post. I thought I could get by with just $200 worth of books for this semester, but my econ book cost $80 and then there was physics. Let me tell you about physics. They hired most of their professors to do research with teaching on the side, and it is really obvious. They are all brilliant guys, but they can't teach worth a lick. They're like: Look at the huge slide covered in Greek letters and understand what I've been talking about in heavily accented technical jargon for the last fifteen minutes. Then when somebody asks a question about it, they're like: I'm going to answer a totally different question, but its okay because we use at least one common word in both our questions.

So the physics department has tried to cover its hiring blunder by continually installing new technology in our classrooms. It didn't work. Now our professors can't even figure out how to turn on the computer operated overheads to display their demonstrations. Oh, did I mention the clickers? They got these little computer response pads so they could give quizzes in class; they worked great and everything was fine. So they just had to go and change it. I had to buy a whole new pad, so I went to the store and was expecting to pay like three to five dollars (how much they cost last year) for the new one, but it was OVER $17!!! Good grief. And it didn't even work. I had to take it back and get a new one. I ended up paying well over $250

Purdue is a good school, but if you want to study physics, go somewhere else.
The weather was great today. Right after the thunderstorm and everything.
In other news, my blog has informed me that it is tired of hearing about me and will be coming out with a new edition of itself very soon (like tomorrow).

2 Comments:

At 11:28 p.m., Blogger Brian said...

Yeah, I'm not working, but how its going to work out we have yet to figure out!

 
At 2:27 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

Cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home