The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

1.22.2005

)%)(*-Picasso's Smiley and update worth 5 days.

I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday. Well, Maybe I can. A lot has happened since then. And my computer hasn't been very friendly.
*First off, I decided to put my cooking blog idea in the garbage disposal. I was just trying to fool myself with that. I really can't cook. Not even oatmeal. Every time I manage to turn my back just before it decides to overflow and make a huge mess all over the microwave. And don't even get me started on my first attempt at frying something last Thursday. At least I made cooking fun for a while. Well about as fun as a paper cut. With lemon juice on it. (All you have to do is:...)
**Second, I'm thinking of changing my position on marriage. I'm absent minded. And I lose stuff. A lot. Like my watch. I think I dropped it in physics recitation in the first week of last semester. And my memory verse packet and keys- at least once a week. But Friday really tops my list. I forgot to put my physics answer pad (which I paid over $17 for) in my backpack because I forgot I had physics lecture. But that was okay because nobody could figure out how to put up the questions. (Physics at work!) Any as I sat outside physics, waiting for the class before me to get out, I started talking to one of my friends and ended up walking in with just my backpack and without my helmet, gloves, scarf and bandana. And somebody decided that the hallway was a bad place for a helmet. So I'm really praying that I get at least it and my gloves back. Anyway, maybe a wife could keep track of my stuff for me.
***On the good side, Physics is a lot better. Our original professor lost his visa, so we got a new one. Who knows how to teach AND he can speak fluent English! So now we can focus on learning instead of translating. I even got all of my homework done before the deadline! I feel kind of bad for the first prof though.
****I didn't know riding a bike could be so frightening. I did a practice ride on Thursday so I can get back in shape a little, and I accidentally ended up going along next to Grant St. Downhill. In snow. The whole way I was thinking I'm gonna die I'm gonna die. Actually I was like "I'm gonna get hurt really bad." I wouldn't mind dying; I just can't take lying in bed watching the spiders spin webs on my face.
*****So I've been reading other peoples blogs and noticing a common thread among most of them. They argue with their parents, they drink, they dump, they cry, they argue with their siblings, they get high, they get dumped, they cry, they argue with their friends, they hate their life and get no satisfaction out of it, but they keep on living what they think is impossible to change because they are to afraid of death to consider that alternative. (Suicide)
I want to go to these people with the same love that Christ approached me with and tell them that it doesn’t have to be that way. There is an alternative! Not just a pathetic “10 steps to quit bad habits” alternative either. Something Real. Someone True. Somebody that allows me to rest in the peace of knowing that even though I lose everything I touch, and mess up every meal I make, everything is still okay because I am loved and forgiven. A Lord that provides for me spiritually, physically, and emotionally, so I can have true EVERLASTING satisfaction in Him and not temporary unfulfilling highs.
Unfortunately comments don’t really work because the love gets lost behind the computer screen, and they are like “What do you know? You’ve never been deserted, You’ve never been abused, You’ve never had to go through what I’ve had to.” It’s true but that’s what they miss. I’ve never been deserted because God deserted Jesus on the cross, so that He could always uphold me. He let the Christ be abused that He might protect me from all ill. He let my savior go through things that are worse than humans can imagine, so that I would never have to. It’s so amazing! It’s so wonderful!
Let's see if my computer works this time.

7 Comments:

At 11:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you mean you need a butler rather than a wife? I mean, if it's just for those reasons you listed that's exactly the job description of a butler... "Your answer pad sir. Oh, and sir, don't forget about your memory verse packet for Bible study tonight." Then you get to come home and he has a real dinner cooked for you so you don't even need to think about cooking oatmeal. Yep, you need a butler.

Actually, I still think you'll get married, but having a wife help keep track of your stuff is just one of the perks, not a reason to change your mind about getting married. All the same, I'm going to need to start looking for someone to whom to donate my case of root beer to...

 
At 1:38 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

Actually, I've found that butlers are quite expensive and are usually murderers, whereas wives require no wages and mostly try to avoid killing you. Of course butlers would probably enjoy a big train set a lot better. And they would be better company because you can be honest without worrying about getting them boiling mad at you.

 
At 8:51 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, especially the last part! I was going to say I think we're gonna win this bet. And it's only been a few months since we made it. Think what 20 years will do. :-)

But my goodness!!! If your idea of a wife is really a butler you don't have to pay, and someone who will get angry if you're honest with , I think I'd rather buy you root beer than see you married!

~Nirmala

 
At 10:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shakes head disbelievingly* Seriously Josh, I did think you were a little more mature than that. An unpaid butler? wow...

 
At 12:07 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

Oh no Kara, you misunderstand. If I got a butler I would pay him a lot so he wouldn't kill me. That is why I don't get a butler.

I firmly agree with you Nirmala. (at least your second part) Do you want to go ahead and give me the Root Beer now?

 
At 2:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all the murder mysteries I've read (and that would be a quite a lot) the husband or wife is usually the murderer, or minimally the first suspect. Butlers help solve the crimes. They're there to notice little details and take photographs. So if you get married you probably need a butler to help vindicate you when your wife mysteriously dies...

 
At 12:57 p.m., Blogger Josh said...

All the mysteries that you read were written by butlers who were trying to shift the public knowledge of their vile crimes away from themselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home