The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

9.15.2009

Day 2

Got up at dawn.

Tore down camp and ate oatmeal for brekky. Went about 5mi to Henry Forks Lake with a nice stop at Dollar lake for some cheese'n'crackers for lunch. Pretty worn out by the end of this trail. hope I can make it all the way up King's.

We are right in one of the major basins of the Uintas Mountains now. Truly breathtaking scenercy! Or maybe that's the altitude...IDK.

The ascent up to Anderson's pass looks pretty treacherous. I hope my fear of heights doesn't come back to haunt me. Oh yeah! We think we might have seen signs of bear on the way in. Might spot a couple out here. (If they don't eat me first.)

Tried fly fishing this evening. Lost three flies on my back cast. Dave caught his limit in less than an hour. Mostly got the hang of casting by the end of the day.


We sat out on a 15' cliff over the lake for a long time after dark to watch the stars come out. Didn't see a whole lot because the moon was bright enough to cast some pretty sharp shadows.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 p.m., Blogger C. Bright said...

Yeay for not getting eaten by bears! :) And I like the pics to, very beautiful!

 
At 2:12 p.m., Blogger Penjammin said...

"We are right in one of the major basins of the Uintas Mountains now. Truly breathtaking scenercy! Or maybe that's the altitude...IDK."

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home