The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

6.25.2007

Billions of Blistering Blue Barnicles!!

Prize to anyone who can tell me where that came from. I make good on my prizes too, just ask Josh Johnson.
Anyway, one of the first things I did when I got home last week was chop out a stump for dad. When I was done I looked down at my hands and "Good Grief! It looks like I haven't done real work for a whole year!" It has really only been nine months, but it seems that my hands decided that they were done with all my callouses, so I got a fine set of HUGE blisters in a mere thirty minutes of swinging an axe.
Most of them popped while I was going at it or while I was mowing the yard afterwards, except for two that were on my pinkies. I think the only time I've seen a bigger blister was after I ran the mini. These babies are twice the size of my fingernail! And they are annoying. They get in the way every time I handle large objects. But I finally popped one of them while I was working out this evening. It's so nice to be able to make a fist again.
So I was thinking that I ought to buy a farm or ranch or something so I can do some real work and keep my callouses going while I fly. Anybody know of a cheap farm for sale?

3 Comments:

At 4:53 p.m., Blogger S said...

Yup, I'm back for now at least!

If you do end up by any chance wanting a dog or two, I can drive them up to Indianapolis around the time of Alyssa and Steve's wedding. And I'll even be glad to give you $100 or so to help with intial doggie expenses . . .

LOL, can you tell I'm desperate to find a home for them?

Cheers!

 
At 12:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is from the TinTin comic series! (the captain - I forget his name - says that all the time) I knew reading those would come in handy someday!

 
At 11:32 a.m., Blogger Joshua said...

Yay Josh! you win again! now it's going to be really hard to get a prize to you though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home