The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

3.30.2005

Pilot news today:

I got to do a LAF-MQJ-LAF x-c (cross country to Mount Comfort) today. Heard Dad on the radios. I was going to talk to him but my instructor took over communications to put in a request that he didn't tell me about.
In other news it has been reported that the dude who crashed was not IFR rated- so Icing may not have been the cause of the accident, and the fact that he flew on a day when even IFR rated pilots would not fly seems to confirm the rumor of substance abuse. ~If you fly make sure your pilot is sober and sane.
Also, I hope to fly the chipmunk tomorrow (emphasis on tomorrow) and do a x-c to Danville on Friday and a long x-c to somewhere in Ohio or Illinois on Saturday! That would conclude my x-c training and put me about a week away from getting IFR rated!

In not pilot news: I only have three physics labs left in my life!!!!! :) :) :) so happy!!!

3 Comments:

At 12:36 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Chipmunk as in DeHavilland? sweet!

 
At 2:18 a.m., Blogger Josh said...

As in aileron rolls and vertical loops in the beautiful beast.

 
At 10:19 p.m., Blogger Shawn said...

Beautiful beast? That's something of a stretch. Perhaps if it weren't so pitifully underpowered, but I'll admit it is fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home