The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

2.07.2005

Weekend of fun and joy.

I went straight home from flight class on Saturday. Then I watched The Village (very thought provoking), and went to Rod's post-wedding reception. I stayed up way to late talking to Stacey so I was a little tired all through church yesterday. James preached on: Do you not yet see? about how the disciples could still not trust Jesus to provide for them even though they had just seen him feed many thousands of people. That message, along with one on Gideon which I heard just recently, convicted me of how many times I expect God to do big miracles for lots of people, but when it comes down to me, I just think "I'm so small, why would God bother doing something great for me when He's got the rest of the world to care for?" Which is a very untrusting spirit to say the least. I really need to work on getting out and serving Him with my whole heart and not worrying about petty items like food or gas (filled up for $1.83 today!) or my next rent payment.... Stayed up way to late last night also, but after getting up at seven I had a pretty uneventful drive back up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home