The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

2.02.2005

slow

Today was really slow. Especially since I wasn't really that motivated to study. We didn't get an Arrow today. So instead I got to fly a big old C-182! We went up and I did a couple stalls, steep turns and landings then I got my high performance sign-off. (Means I can be pilot-in-command of a plane with >200 horespower engines.) Steep turns were cool because I could look out my side window and see straight down to the ground. (A Cessna 182 is a high wing airplane unlike the ones I usually fly.) My instructor and I agreed that we both like low wing planes better. My sim instructor commented the other day about how bad the air in W. Lafayette stinks. Finally. I've been saying that for a year and a half, and he's been the first person to agree with me. I thought my nose was bad or something. If you've never been up here, some days the air has this indescribably horrid stale smell that dosen't go away over time.

2 Comments:

At 7:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not just you. It smells really bad and I think it's been worse recently.

 
At 7:03 p.m., Blogger Ross said...

hmm, yeah actually I don't think I've found someone who didn't think it smelled bad up here. It is better now than it was my freshman year though.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home