The most engaging life I've ever had

exciting, fun, a little intimidating, definitely worth it.

7.16.2005

Water Rescue!

So I worked my longest shift ever at Sam's, going from nine to nine. I was out doing carts when the thunderstorm started rolling across. It was so cool! lightning and thunder all around, people scampering to and fro across the parking lot with the hope of getting home before the rain. Very majestic and powerful, yet somehow peaceful also. I wish Stacey had been there. Anyway I was coming home and Dad called to tell me not to even try to drive down our street cause it was flooded. I called Eric to see if I could wait it out at his house but he was out partying. So I came home, parked out on the main road of our subdivision, and walked/swam the rest of the way. Then dad and I and occasional neighobors spent the rest of the evening pushing cars that decided to take their drivers through the water and ended up stalling. Stupid cars. Almost as bad as guns. I just got back from carrying most of a mexican family out of the middle of the street so they wouldn't get to wet. I felt like a fireman and it was so cool! I want to be a fireman when I grow up.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that storm was sure cool! In case you wanted to know, Stacey and the rest of us "partyers" were caught in it on lonely country roads in the dark on the way back from Calkins'. Some crazy good times we had waiting it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home